Saturday, July 18, 2009

SwInG SeT!!



Have you ever seen such an amazing swing set. Would you believe it's around 35 years old? This amazing piece of playground equipment resides in my parents back yard. Who built this? My Grandpa!! When my grandparents bought which is now my parents house nearly 40 years ago. The swings have had to be replaced but it has kept it's main structure. My grandparents lived in this house my whole life and this is the swing set that I grew up playing on. From my Mom and her siblings, to us grandkids, and now the great grandkids. Going on three generations. What a legacy to leave behind. My grandpa Barton was an amazing man. We love you grandpa and we are so thankful for you giving us such a wonderful gift. It's always been the center of the fun at grandma and grandpa's house!!

2 comments:

kdance10 said...

That is an awesome swing set. Don't you just love childhood memories

Shellie said...

So many memories on that swing set! I love it! I'm sure grandpa is smiling knowing that we all still love it!!