Tuesday, June 9, 2009

1 in a Million!!



This is a picture of my OB Dr. Durbin. Google Images works amazingly. I have the most amazing OB in the world. She doesn't take new patients. Because yes I have been going to her for 10 years and changing doctors has never been a thought. I think all her patients feel the same way as me. As some of you know I have lost about 60-75% of my hearing in my right ear. Dr. Durbin found this at my yearly appointment. Yes folks my OB found I was losing my hearing. My mom was going to her 10 years ago and begged Dr. Durbin to see me. Thank you so much MOM!! As many of you know I've been on the sicker side of this pregnancy. I had a scare this last weekend. I got really sick and went into see her last Thursday. I think I mentioned that it was a yeast infection. It got worse as the weekend went on. I called Dr. Durbin on Saturday morning and told her that I thought it might be a Kidney Infection. She told me that when she saw me in her office on Thursday there was no indication that it was. She said there was a 10% chance of it being a Kidney Infection. She suggested that if I started to fever and have more pain to go into the ER. Camron and I decided since I didn't have a fever to wait and see if it got worse. Luckily I started feeling better. The pain in my back went away and I never did get a fever. Sunday night we were out at Camron's parents having dinner and my phone rang. I could tell right away that it was Dr. Durbin checking on me. Yes folks my doctor called me to make sure I was o.k. This is why Dr. Durbin is 1 in a million. 1 who still looks after her patients. She has delivered all of my kids and will deliver this one. I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks so much Dr. Durbin for everything you do!!!

1 comment:

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! That is a great doctor!